Tengen Toppa Enki Durga (天元突破エンキドゥルガー Tengen Toppa Enki Durugā?, literally "Heaven-Piercing Enki Durga") is Viral's Tengen Toppa Gunmen formed during the final battle with the Granzeboma in the second movie adaptation of the series, The Lights in the Sky are Stars. It is later lost when it is used with the other Tengen Toppa Gunmen to form Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Tengen Toppa Enki Durga draws its design from Viral's original Gunmen, Enki, being a predominantly white humanoid Gunmen. It has fourteen arms, a four-eyed face on its chest, and a spiky golden crest on its helmet. It is the second Tengen Toppa Gunmen to appear after the Granzeboma destroys Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
In The Lights in the Sky are StarsEdit
Tengen Toppa Enki Durga prevents the Granzeboma from finishing off Nia Teppelin's Tengen Toppa Solvernia, catching the former's drills with twelve of its hands and wielding swords in the final pair to shatter them. It briefly duels the Granzeboma with eleven swords and a club, and when its swords are shattered, kicks one of the shards into the Anti-Spiral homeworld between Granzeboma's horns. Tengen Toppa Enki Durga is also shown to be able to materialize a pair of pistols, doing so to during its duel with Granzeboma. Viral's mecha quickly makes room for Yoko Littner's Tengen Toppa Yoko W Tank, and later joins the rest of Team Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren in focusing fire on the Granzeboma.
After Lordgenome's sacrifice supercharges the Tengen Toppa Lagann, Tengen Toppa Enki Durga combines with its fellow Tengen Toppa Gunmen to form Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Tengen Toppa Enki Durga has seven sets of arms, a nod to the increased number of arms that Viral's mech Enki had when it became Enkidudu (and, in the Drama CD Otoko Ippiki Gurren Lagann, Enkidududu and Enkidudududu). Each limb has impressive strength, being able to hold back one of the Granzeboma's drill tentacles. It attacks using several blackened blades, one for each hand on the mecha except for the front two. One of the weapons is a kanabō, a club typically used by Japanese demons, and by Gozu, the first Gunmen faced by the Simon, Kamina, and Yoko.
- Tengen Toppa Enki Durga is the only mecha whose pilot does not have Spiral Power.
- The mecha is still made of mostly energy, despite this fact. This may be a testament to Viral's determination, or a manifestation of the Super Spiral Space.
- In the fansub, its name is mistranslated as Tengen Toppa Enkidulga.
- The Durga in its name is a reference to a ten-armed Hindu goddess. Ironically, Tengen Toppa Enki Durga has more arms than its namesake.
- Interestingly, Tengen Toppa Enki Durga's total number of arms equals those of its namesake plus those of Viral's final personal Gunmen (in the anime), Enkidudu.